I am a California State licensed psychotherapist in private practice. In my practice I see a diverse group of clients, individually and as couples. I have over twenty years of experience working cross culturally with people from a wide range of ethnic, racial, cultural, religious/spiritual groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. I am a gender specialist, LGBTQQI affirming, polyamorous relationship friendly and I work extensively with people exploring their relationship to substances.
License: Licensed Clinical Social Worker #20715, State of California.
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program, San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis.
- Gottman Couples Counseling training.
- MSW, Social Work, San Francisco State University.
- MS Counseling: Marriage, Family Child Therapy, San Francisco State University.
- BA Psychology and Philosophy, State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Prior Work Experience:
- San Francisco Department of Public Health – Tom Waddell Health Center.
- Caduceus Outreach Services – Clinical Supervisor.
- UCSF Medical Center Department of Psychiatry – Citywide Case Management.
- Westside Community Services – Westside Crisis and Outpatient Program.
- Baker Places – Independent Living Program and HIV/Substance Abuse Services.
- Venture House.
- Options for Community Living.
- Community Behavioral Health Services – Tenderloin Mental Health Clinic.
- Veteran’s Administration – Healthcare for Homeless Vets.
- Iris Center – Counseling Program.
Publications and Select Presentations:
- Presented at The American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work:
The Development of a Psychotic Defensive Structure in a Trans. Identified Individual.
- Presented at the American Psychoanalytic Association National Meeting: Transference and Countertransference Enactments.
- Presented at the American Psychoanalytic Association: Working with Transgender Patients.
- Publication: “Complex Cases in Community Mental Health: Stories from the Castro and the Tenderloin,” Journal of Gay and Lesbian Mental Health, Volume 18, Issue 2.
- Presented at the UCSF Center of Excellence for Transgender Care/World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) National Conference on Complex Cases in Community Mental Health.